Ceramic Veneers in Santa Monica
Veneers are a thin layer of composite bonding or ceramic/porcelain that aid in closing gaps/spaces, alignment, shape, or color of the teeth. Veneers are a conservative cosmetic option.
Porcelain Veneers in Santa Monica
Porcelain gives the most natural-looking appearance, especially in cases where heavy customization is required to match other teeth, such as: translucency, white spots, and/or large color variations. Different ceramics/porcelains are available based on esthetic and functional requirements of each individual.
Composite veneers are best for uniformly colored teeth or smaller changes in the teeth.
For our ceramic veneers, expect typically four to six visits:
- Consultation - this is where you will speak to one of our doctors about your cosmetic goals and see if veneers are right for you. If so, records will be taken.
- Waxup Presentation - this visit is one in which you will go over the proposed shape and design of your future teeth through looking at a technician's wax-up. At this visit a acrylic try-in may be possible to give you an idea of what your teeth will look like with veneers.
- Preparation - this is a visit lasting 2-4 hours that will prepare your teeth for veneers. Patients typically leave with temporary veneers.
- Laboratory Visit - this visit you will visit your dental laboratory to shade match and speak to the technicians about the shape of your teeth.
- Delivery - this is a 2-3 hour visit where we deliver your veneers.
- Followup - we like to have a short follow-up visit 2 weeks after to make any necessary adjustments
Want to know if you are a candidate for ceramic veneers? Book a consultation with our Santa Monica office!